The stomping ground of Ramsay the Dachshund!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

doxart

There was a time when I considered pursuing a career in art, and in college I actually had my 15 minutes of fame drawing posters for a comedy troupe.  Lately this has translated into drawing little pictures for NewMama - on just about every card I give her.  For her 27th birthday I thought I’d try my hand at introducing Dachshunds into the repertoire.  Here’s the initial sketch (right/above):



...and this (left) is the final product.  For some reason I completely disregarded the brand of the card when I drew on the back of it.  I was more worried about placement.  The huge blur on the little guy's belly is my sad attempt at digitally editing out the brand name.  Sorry!  Oh, and he's angled backward so NO, his tail is NOT about to catch fire from the candle!  =)

Maybe doxart will be a recurring theme on future cards, and/or this blog!

No comments: