The stomping ground of Ramsay the Dachshund!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

catharsis...

When work-related stress starts to become unbearable, there aren't many places that calm  me like the lake.  On those few occasions when I get home before sundown, I like to take Ramsay for a brisk lakeside jaunt.  For me:  a means of venting pent-up frustration.  For Ramsay:  another opportunity to discover new flora and fauna.   

dad, i want a fancy-schmancy pointy hat like that dog over there!
You can't, little snausage.  1) You hate hats, and 2) That's a deer...
Our walks have been more pleasant since the Canadian Geese have decided to move on.  So nice to NOT find green poop on our feet or in dogbert's teeth!

4 comments:

firstyouleap said...

What a great picture of Ramsay!

docsdox said...

why, THANK YOU! =)

...props to you on Teagan's cute FB pix!

Jasper + Amy said...

I agree, great pic of Ramsay, & of the lake. So pretty... how I miss the water. But why o' why do dogs find bird poop appitizing?? Do you KNOW how many times I've had to pull big pieces of goose poop out of Jasper's mouth?!? A million too many:)

docsdox said...

AMY: I KNOW! a tad gross, isn't it? i think Melinda (cheyne923) said it best when she commented on an earlier post on our blog when she said that "goose poop is like Reese's Pieces to doxies!". i wonder if they taste like Greenies to them, 'cuz they sure LOOK like 'em! =)