The stomping ground of Ramsay the Dachshund!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

the magic word

"How'd you get him to do that?" 
"How'd you get him to sit still for that picture?" 
"How'd you get him to keep those glasses on?

As much as we would like to say that dogbert is just that patient - we cannot!  True, he IS a little ham, and seems to enjoy showing off to whoever will watch.  But the secret to his tricks lies in one word, uttered adeptly by NewMama while my trigger-happy finger mashes on the shutter button.  The one word that makes dogbert drop EVERYTHING and give us his undivided attention.  The word that makes Ramsay materialize - seemingly out of thin air - before us, no matter where in the house he had previously been...

"treat-um"

did you say the magic word?!!

5 comments:

Dachshund Nola said...

That works for me too! All mom has to do is say "youwannatreat?" and I'll do whatever ridiculous thing she wants
Dachshund Nola

Dachshund Nola said...

Oh I forgot to say I love your new header!

Doxie Rod said...

this is so funny! rod loves to ham it up for the camera too. the only thing that will really make him sit still though for a while is a treat. these weens are so predictable ;) you take great pictures of him!

docsdox said...

THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU! there is definitely something to be said for having a trusty point-and-shoot camera within arm's reach at all times when the ween is around! lately, my weapon of choice has been my iPhone - which seems to be taking better pix than my actual camera! or course, apps like Instagram help too!

ROD: gotta say, Rod is pretty well-drawn, considering its done on a computer! as for us here in docsdox-land, i'm in the process of prepping some doodles i've made of Ramsay to post! keep your eyes peeled! =)

-docsdox

Lovable Lily said...

Treats? Did someone say treats? I'm on my way over right now.....

Hugs,
Lily Belle