The stomping ground of Ramsay the Dachshund!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

the FRONTyardigan

Now that the weather is warmer and daylight lasts until nearly 9PM, I've had time to tend to our landscaping after work.  Our front yard, understandably, requires a little more attention since it is visible to everyone in the neighborhood.  No problem for Ramsay, who is more than happy to help!

NewMama and I know that Ramsay loves the water when we bathe him.  But we never knew the extent of his 'hydrophilia' until this past week...



As Ramsay inspected the plants, he seemed drawn to a certain area and kept sniffing - threatening to jump into the landscaping for a closer lookie.  "My what an incredible smell you've discovered", I thought as I turned the corner to look behind one of the shrubs.  There I found one of the few things smaller and stinkier than dogbert (on a bad day):  a bat!  After I foiled several of Ramsay's attempts to follow his nose, he finally caught on that he was forbidden in this case to do so.  I've seen "Cujo", I know what could happen!  I didn't feel like testing out Ramsay's rabies vaccine.  I left the bat alone and it disappeared after a few hours, only to re-appear later on - this time closer to our open garage door!  Thankfully, Ramsay had lost interest and I made sure to close the garage promptly after we finished our yardwork.  I haven't seen it since.  Keeping fingers crossed...


Before retiring for the evening, Ramsay gave NewMama's garden the once over to ensure that all was well...two paws up!!
you sure i can't have one of these strawberries?

2 comments:

kalyxcorn said...

what? no bats but of course u can have one of those strawberries! :) b

docsdox said...

hee-hee! mom let me have a strawberry! she says the ones from that plant are ramsay-bite-sized! who'd-a-thunk they'd make a strawberry plant just for doxies! i have hedgie and dragon on bat-patrol - hedgie b/c he looks like a bat (psssst! shhh! he doesn't know it but that's how bad i chewed him up. hee!), dragon b/c he can scare the bat away.